If you’re interested in becoming a member of MCC or if you would like to know what’s involved, or if you would just like to know more about the church, then this is for you! Come Saturday, February 18th, for a continental breakfast at 8am. The class will begin promptly at 8:30am. Be sure to let us know if you need childcare. There is some pre work needed so contact Mark Simes for those materials (lois @ mariemontchurch.org). Thanks for considering joining our community. We look forward to getting to know you and your family!
Brothers and Sisters
I have four quick updates today:
1. A reflection on a great message by Pastor Tracy Ventus
2. Welcoming our newest staff member, Mark Simes
3. A love offering Sunday for our special Israeli guest
4. Introducing you to our latest new members
1. Pastor Ventus’ message on being ready for the return of Jesus was titled “Ready or not Here Christ Comes”. He encouraged us to remember that this world is not our home but our assignment.
That brings ultimate focus on living for Jesus now, which turns out to be the central thought in his commands about Generosity: use everything for the Kingdom and for my glory!
2. Please welcome our new Director of Ministry, Mark Simes. Mark will start at MCC on October 19. He and his wife, Holly, currently attend Hope Church in Mason. They have two sons, one recently married. Please pray for their transition and ministry here.
Mark had a successful career in R&D at P&G and also served as executive leader of American Heritage Girls. He was the leader of Men’s Ministry at Hope Church for 15 years, and Holly served in the Women’s Ministry. Their experience and gifting will be a blessing to our congregation!
3. Moran Rosenblit will be speaking Sunday. He leads a ministry called Hope4Israel and will encourage us from the Word of God. We will take a love offering to support this ministry.
Hope4Israel is also the operator for our Israel tour. I will give a briefing Sunday for all those who may be interested in our discipleship trip to the Holy Land April 1-12 2016.
4. We welcomed 12 new members last Sunday:
Dan and Bethany Bauer
Tim and Stacey Bon
Chuck and Katie Dokmo
Ben and Lynn Huizenga
Donna “Naj” Stevens
Mark and Christine Wavle
If you want to learn more about membership, contact firstname.lastname@example.org – our next new members seminar is on Saturday October 10 from 8 am to noon – child care provided!
Following Jesus with you, Denis
Key Upcoming Dates:
September 27– We begin the final leg in our SHAPING journey with the Generosity of Jesus.
October 4 – 1:30-2:30 – We will partner with New Mission and Gladstone in an outreach consisting of a concert of prayer and Bible giveaway throughout the Madisonville community.
October 10 – Next New Members Seminar – 8 am -12 pm – pick up the packet and sign up Sunday.
October 24 – Women’s Retreat – all day.
November 20-21 – Men’s Overnight Retreat (6 pm-3 pm) details to follow!
November 21 – 4 pm – Family Thanksgiving outreach
December 6 – Ofer Amitai visit