Statements of Faith
1. The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the Cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into Heaven where, at the right hand of God, He is our High Priest and Advocate for all who receive Him.
4. That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is, therefore, separated from God. Only through belief in Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. That the Lord Jesus Christ died as a substitutionary sacrifice for our sins. All who have faith and receive Jesus Christ as Lord are born again of the Holy Spirit into newness of life and have eternal salvation by God’s grace, and not by works. Water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed as Christ commanded.
7. In the Church, the Body of Christ, composed of all persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, are united together to form the Body, of which He is the Head.
8. In the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to take His Church unto Himself; this has a vital bearing on the personal life of service of the believer.